FG Silence On Igbo’s Quit Notice Is Fuelling Drum Beat Of War – Junaid
Second Republic lawmaker, Junaid Muhammad, has said the federal government is fuelling the drums of war through its silence in tackling groups making inflammatory statements.
Muhammad made the remark while speaking at a public lecture organised by the Mumbayya House, with a theme, “Electoral Democracy and Integrity in Nigeria, Reflections on INEC Transformation 2011-2015″ in Kano.
He said: “I must make it clear that lack of brutal frankness on the part of government, when it comes to national issues, appeared to be fuelling these drumbeats of war.”
Recall that the spokesperson of the Northern Coalition group, Coalition of Northern Youths, CNY, Abdulaziz Suleiman, had ordered Igbos to vacate the region in three months.
Speaking last week Tuesday, Suleiman had said the entire Northern Nigeria was tired of coexisting with the Igbos and asked that “all Igbos currently residing in any part of Northern Nigeria are hereby served notice to relocate within three months and all northerners residing in the East are advised likewise.
“The persistence for the actualization of Biafra by the unruly Igbo of South-Eastern Nigeria has lately assumed another alarming twist which involved the forceful lockdown of activities and denial of other people’s right to free movement in the South-East by the rebel Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its overt and covert sponsors.
“Various ethnic groups and individuals have been making remarks capable of breaking the unity of Nigeria but I haven’t heard the government as the epitome of statehood calling people to order.”